Cora E Sackett
|Father||Jabez Bills Sackett (1827-)|
|Mother||Esther M White (c 1830-)|
In 1860 Cora was living in Prairieville, Barry County, MichiganG, in the household of her parents Jabez and Esther, and was recorded in the census as Cora E Sackett, aged seven and born in Pennsylvania.10
In 1870 she was living in PrairievilleG in the household of her parents Jabez and Esther, and was recorded as Cora E Sackett, aged 17.11
In 1900 she was living in Livingston, Madison County, MississippiG, in the household of her husband Walter, 56, a farmer, and was recorded as Leora E Bush, aged 47 and born in Pennsylvania. They owned their home (a farm) on a mortgage.12
In 1910 she was living at Taylor Street, Topeka, Shawnee County, KansasG, in the household of her husband Walter, 66, and was recorded as Cora E Bush, aged 57 and born in Pennsylvania. They rented their home. Living with them were Clara's unmarried sisters, Jessie, 40, and Susie, 32. There was also an unmarried female boarder in the household.13
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "3308. Clara E. Sackett, b. Dec. 15, 1856."
- Adelbert M Dewey, Life of George Dewey, Rear Admiral, U.S.N., and Dewey Family History, Dewey Publishing Company, Westfield, MA (1898), digital image, Ancestry.com, p314, "Jabez B., Jr. [Sackett, son of Jabez Sackett & Ann Dewey], b. Feb. 1, 1827; a carpenter in Wis.; m. June 27, 1849, Esther M. White; and had 1, Clarence E., b. Nov. 3, 1852; d. Aug. 28, 1856; 2, Clara E., b. Dec. 15, 1856; 3, Rosealba, b, May 2, 1858; 4, Mary E., Feb. 9, 1862; 5, Pierre B., b. June 28, 1864; d. Dec. 12, 1874; 6, Helen F., b. June 1, 1867; 7, Jessie S., b. Nov. 8, 1869."
- The 1910 census has birth date as Dec 1852. Other records are consistent with this date. It is concluded that the year 1856 in Sacketts of America is incorrect but 15 Dec is assumed to be correct.
- Marriage record.
- "Michigan, Marriage Records, 1867–1952" (Ancestry image), "14 Nov 1872, at Prairieville, Barry County, Michigan, Walter C Bush, 29, of Barry, Barry County, b. Tompkins County, NY, farmer; to Clara E Sackett, 19, of Prairieville, b. Meadville, PA. By B F Doughty, Minister of the Gospel. Witnesses: James W Sackett, Josephine Sackett, both of Prairieville."
- Death record.
- Find a Grave, death certificate, "Walter C Bush, d. 4 Feb 1917, at Michigan Soldiers Home Hospital, Grand Rapids, Kent, Michigan, widower, b. 20 Sep 1843, age 73-4-14, baker, b. NY, father Abram J Bush b. Germany, mother Sarrah Robinson b. US, cause organic heart disease, bur. Dalton, Mich, 5 Feb 1917."
- Find a Grave.
- 1860 United States census
Roll M653_536, p. 651, Image 149, FHL Film 803536
Prairieville, Barry County, Michigan
Wales, Johnathan F, 30, farmer, real estate $2,500, personal estate $375, b. NY
Sackett, John B, 34, personal estate, $75, b. PA
Sackett, Esther N, 30, b. PA
Sackett, Cora E, 7, b. PA
Sackett, Rosa A, 3, b. MI.
- 1870 United States census
Roll M593_661, p. 240A, Image 563, FHL Film 552160
Prairieville, Barry County, Michigan, 28 Jul 1870
Sackett, Jabez E, 42, carpenter, b. PA
Sackett, Esther M, 38, keeping house, b. PA
Sackett, Cora E, 17, at home, b. PA
Sackett, Rose A, 13, at home, b. MI
Sackett, Mary, 8, at home, b. MI
Sackett, Perrie? [or Pierre?] B, 6, at home, b. MI
Sackett, Helen, 4, b. MI
Sackett, Jessie, 7/12, b. MI.
- 1900 United States census
Roll 819, p. 10A, Enumeration District 0066, FHL microfilm 1240819
Livingston, Madison County, Mississippi, 14 Jun 1900
Bush, Walter C, head, b. Sep 1843, 56, m. 27y, b. NY father b. NY, mother b. NY, farmer, home (farm) owned on mortgage
Bush, Leora E, wife, b. Dec 1852, 47, m. 27y, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA.
- 1910 United States census
Roll T624_457, p. 1A, Enumeration District 0175, FHL microfilm 1374470
Taylor Street, Topeka, Shawnee County, Kansas, 15 Apr 1910
Bush, Walter C, head, 66, m1. 38y, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY, occ. none, home rented
Bush, Cora E, wife, 57, m1. 38y, no ch, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA, occ. none
Sacket, Jesse W?, sister-in-law, 40, single, b. MI, father b. PA, mother b. PA, dress maker, shop
Sacket, Susie, sister-in-law, 32, single, b. MI, father b. PA, mother b. PA, stenographer, bank
Isenhart, Jane, boarder, 44, single, b. IL, father b. PA, mother b. IL, auditing clerk, insurance co.
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||7 May 2022|