John Fegen Sackett
|Father||John Edward Sackett (1865-1930)|
|Mother||Agnes Burnside (c 1866-1936)|
John attended Randall Place School, Greenwich, LondonG, from 30 April 1906. The family were then living at 15 Billingsgate Street. He left on 22 May 1908 when the family left the district.9
In 1911 John was living at 97 Gelli Court, Pentre, Rhondda, GlamorganG, in the household of his parents John and Agnes, and was recorded in the census as John Sackett, aged nine and born in Greenwich.10
In 1921 he was living at 93 Gelli Road, Ton Pentre, RhonddaG, in the household of his parents John and Agnes, and was recorded as John Fn Sackett, a collier's assistant, aged 18.11
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, John and Eunice were living at Under 21 Bronllwyn Road, Gelli, Rhondda, GlamorganG. John was an unemployed coal miner.12
Children of John Fegen Sackett and Eunice Davies
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Dec qtr 1902. Sackett, John Fegan. Mother: Burnside. Greenwich. 1d:1081."
- 1939 Register has 19 Nov 1902.
- Baptisms Register, Christ Church, Greenwich, London (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "18 Jun 1903 John Fegen Sackett, b. 16 Nov 1902, s. John Edward & Agnes Sackett, 4 Haddo St, W Greenwich, labourer."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Dec qtr 1958. Sackett, John T[?], 56. Pontypridd."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Dec qtr 1924. Sackett, John F. Spouse: Davies. Pontypridd. 11a:1294."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Dec qtr 1924. Davies, Eunice. Spouse: Sackett. Pontypridd. 11a:1294."
- 1939 Register has 7 May 1904.
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006" (Findmypast transcript), "Jun 1993. Sackett, Eunice, b. 17 May 1905. Pontypridd. 8624B:B68:009:693."
- "London, England, School Admissions and Discharges, 1840–1911" (Ancestry image), Randall Place School, Greenwich, "adm no 1854, 30 Apr 1906, John Sackett, parents/guardian: John, of 15 Billingsgate St, b. 16 Nov 1902, last sch: no school, date left 22 May 1908, remarks: left district."
- 1911 Wales census
97 Gelli Court, Pentre, Rhondda, Glamorgan
John E Sackett, head, 46, married, colliery labourer (below ground), b. Kent, Ramsgate
Agnes Sackett, wife, 44, m. 21y, 10 ch, 8 living, b. London, Battersea
Archibald Sackett, son, 21, single, colliery labourer (below ground), b. Kent, Ramsgate
[Struck through: "Edith Sackett, dau, 19, in London, b. London, Greenwich"]
[Struck through: "Lily Sackett, dau, 17, in London, b. London, Greenwich"]
Mary Sackett, dau, 15, at home, b. Greenwich
Agnes Sackett, dau, 12, b. Greenwich
Lottie Sackett, dau, 6, b. Greenwich
John Sackett, son, 9, b. Greenwich
Nelly Sackett, dau, 4, b. Greenwich.
- 1921 England census
93 Gelli Road, Ton Pentre, Rhondda, Glamorganshire
John Ed Sackett, father, 56y 4m, married, b. Ramsgate, Kent, labourer Cory Bros & Co, Tynybedw Colliery, Pentre
Agnes Sackett, mother, 54y 2m, married, b. Battersea, London
John Fn Sackett, son, 18y 6m, single, b. Greenwich, Kent, colliers assistant, Bulfer, Ocean Coal Co Ltd
Ellen Rh Sackett, daughter, 14y 3m, b. Greenwich, Kent
Lily Sackett, granddaughter, 7y 4m, b. South Wales.
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), Sackett household, Under 21 Bronllwyn Road, Gelli, Rhondda U D, Glamorganshire, Wales: John Sackett, b. 19 Nov 1902, married, colliery hewer unemployed; Eunice Sackett, b. 7 May 1904, married, unpaid domestic duties.
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Descendants of John Edward Sackett|
|Last Edited||21 Nov 2022|