Wallace Render Sackett
|Father||Frederick Charles Sackett (1870-1964)|
|Mother||Jessie Gray Cousland (1869-1951)|
In 1901 Wallace was living at High Brooms, Tunbridge Wells, KentG, in the household of his parents Frederick and Jessie, and was recorded in the census as Wallace R Sackett, aged five and born in Ramsgate.8
In 1911 he was living at Hillside, Wingham, KentG, in the household of his parents Frederick and Jessie, and was recorded as Wallace Render Sackett, a draper's assistant, aged 15 and born in Ramsgate.9
Wallace served in the British Army during the First World War as a Private in the Somerset Light Infantry and then in the Labour Corps. He was awarded the Victory Medal and the British Medal in recognition of active service overseas. He was granted a Silver War Badge, to be worn with civilian clothes to indicate that he had been honourably discharged due to wounds or sickness.10,11
In 1921 he was living at 1 Pinewood Villas, Oxford Road, Farnborough, HampshireG, and was recorded as Wallace Render Sackett, a mens outfitters salesman, head of household, aged 25. His wife Emily, 25, was living with him.12
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Wallace and Emily were living at 14 Silchester Road, Hastings, SussexG. Wallace was a ladies tailor.13
Child of Wallace Render Sackett and Emily Esther Bown
- Joan E Sackett+ b. 1922
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Dec qtr 1895. Sackett, Wallace Rendor. Mother: Cousland. Thanet. 2a:877."
- 1939 Register.
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006" (Findmypast transcript), "Jun qtr 1974. Sackett, Wallace Render, b. 7 Sep 1895. Pershore. 29:0594."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Jun qtr 1920. Sackett, Wallace R. Spouse: Bown. Hastings. 2b:84."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Jun qtr 1920. Bown, Emily E. Spouse: Sackett. Hastings. 2b:84."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916–2007" (Ancestry transcript), "Oct 1987. Sackett, Emily Esther, b. 25 Apr 1896. Meirionydd. 25:360:1087."
- 1901 England census
Gas Works, High Brooms (St Matthew, Southborough), Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Frederick Sackett, head, married, 31, gas works inspector, b. Broadstairs, Kent
Jessie G Sackett, wife, 31, b. Scotland
Wallace R Sackett, son, 5, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Elsie Sackett, dau, 2, b. Southboro, Kent.
- 1911 England census
RG14, piece 4557, schedule 189
Hillside, Wingham, Kent
Frederick Charles Sackett, head, 41, married, evangelist, undenominational, own account, b. Broadstairs, Kent
Jessie Gray Sackett, wife, 41, m. 16y, 3 ch, all living, b. Denny, Scotland
Wallace Render Sackett, son, 15, draper's assistant, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Elsie Sackett, dau, 12, b. Southborough, Kent
Grace May Sackett, dau, 2, b. Faversham, Kent.
- "Britain, Campaign, Gallantry & Long Service Medals & Awards" (Findmypast transcript).
- "British Army Medal Index Cards, 1914-1920", digital image, The National Archives, "Sackett, Wallace R, Private, Somerset Light Infantry, service no. 42039, Private, Labour Corps, service no. 649603, Victory Medal, British Medal, Silver War Badge. WO372/17."
- 1921 England census
1 Pinewood Villas, Oxford Road, Farnborough, Hampshire
Wallace Render Sackett, head, 25y 9m, married, b. Ramsgate, Kent, mens hosiers and outfitters salesman, Mace & Son, Artillery House, Lynchford Road, South Farnborough, Hants
Emily Esther Sackett, wife, 25y 2m, married, b. Devonport, Devon, home duties.
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), Sackett household, 14 Silchester Road (shop), Hastings C B, Sussex: Wallace R Sackett, b. 7 Sep 1895, married, master tailor (ladies); Emily E Sackett, b. 25 Apr 1896, married, unpaid domestic duties.
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||2 Nov 2022|