Roland Algernon Sackett
|Father||William Hewitt Sackett (1851-1896)|
|Mother||Sarah Reynolds (c 1852-)|
In 1891 Roland was living at 137 Hoxton Street, Shoreditch, MiddlesexG, in the household of his parents William and Sarah, and was recorded in the census as Rowland Sackett, a clicker, aged 18 and born in Shoreditch.6
In 1901 Roland was living at 234 Victoria Park Road, Hackney, LondonG, in the household of Edward Knott and family, and was recorded in the census as Rowland Algernon Sackett, a boot maker (employer), a boarder, single, aged 28 and born in Shoreditch.7
In 1911 he was living at 20 Lockhurst Street, Clapton, HackneyG, and was recorded as Roland Algernon Sackett, boot shopkeeper, head of household, aged 38 and born in Hackney. Living with him was his wife Ellen, 30.8
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Mar qtr 1873. Sackett, Rowland Algernon. Mother: Reynolds. Shoreditch. 1c:163."
- Baptisms Register, St Leonard's, Shoreditch, Middlesex, "26 January 1873 Rowland Algernon s. William Hewitt & Sarah Sackett, b. 3 January 1873."
- Burials register, St Pancras Cemetery, London (deceasedonline.com), "19 July 1930, Roland Algernon Sackett."
- Marriages Register, St John of Jerusalem, Hackney, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "2 August 1909, Roland Algernon Sackett, 36, bachelor, boot manufacturer, of 74 Seven Sisters Road, Holloway, father: William Hewett Sackett (deceased), boot maker; and Ellen Lily Latimer, 28, spinster, of 214 Victoria Park Road, father: Benjamin Arnsby Latimer, cab proprietor. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: Daisy Alice Latimer, B A Latimer, Robert James Latimer."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1909. Sackett, Roland Algernon. Hackney. 1b:939."
- 1891 England census
137 Hoxton Street, Shoreditch, Middlesex
William H Sackett, head, married, 40, bootmaker (empr), b. Shoreditch, London
Sarah Sackett, wife, 39, b. Clerkenwell, London
Rowland Sackett, son, unm, 18, clicker, b. Shoreditch
Harry Sackett, son, 11, scholar, b. Shoreditch
William Sackett, son, 9, scholar, b. Shoreditch
Laura Goslin[?], serv, 15, general serv, b. Shoreditch.
- 1901 England census
234 Victoria Park Road (4 rooms)
Edward Knott, head, married, [data missing]
Emily J Knott, wife, 31, b. Cambridge Heath, London
Emily L Knott, dau, 8, b. Islington, London
Isabel U Knott, dau, 2, b. South Hackney, London
Rowland Algernon Sackett, boarder, single, 28, boot maker, employer, b. Shoreditch, London.
- 1911 England census
20 Lockhurst St, Clapton, Hackney, London NE
Roland Algernon Sackett, head, 38, married, boot shopkeeper, b. London, Hackney
Ellen Lily Sackett, wife, 30, m. 1y, b. London, Hackney.
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of Martin Sackett of Childerditch|
|Charts||Line 7 (English)|
|Last Edited||13 Nov 2016|