Jane Eliza Sackett
|Father||John Sackett (1838-1916)|
|Mother||Maria Smith (c 1840-1919)|
In 1881 Jane was living at Worth Street, Worth, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Jane E Sackett, a scholar aged 4 and born in Worth, daughter of John Sackett.6
In 1901 she was living at 5 Adelaide Cottages, New Windsor, BerkshireG, in the household of her husband Robert, 25, a police constable, and was recorded as Jane Copping, aged 24 and born in Worth. Living with them was their daughter Elizabeth, aged five months.7
In 1911 she was living at Bill Street, Frindsbury, KentG, in the household of her husband Robert, 37, a police constable, and was recorded as Eliza Jane Copping, aged 35 and born in Worth. Living with them were their children, Elizabeth, 10, Robert, 8, Florence, 6, George, 4, and Ivy, aged one. Also in the household was Robert's brother Sidney, 24.8
Jane left a will which was proved on 12 April 1965 by her son Arthur. Her estate was valued at £3,074.9
Children of Jane Eliza Sackett and Robert Laban Copping
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1876. Sackett, Jane Eliza. Mother: Smith. Eastry. 2a:897."
- Website England & Wales Death Index, 1837–1915 (GRO Civil Registration Index) (Ancestry.com) (http://search.ancestry.co.uk/), "Mar qtr 1965. Copping, Jane E, 88. Bridge. 5b:65."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1900. Sackett, Jane Eliza. Eastry. 2a:1369."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1900. Copping, Robert Laban. Eastry. 2a:1369."
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341236, PRO RG11/0994/109/3(2)
John SACKETT, head, married, 42, b. Margate, Kent, carpenter
Maria SACKETT, wife, 41, b. Ash, Kent
Susan N. SACKETT, dau, 13, b. Worth, scholar
Jane E. SACKETT, dau, 4, b. Worth, scholar
Ruth M. SACKETT, dau, 2, b. Worth.
- 1901 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG13, piece 1168, folio 95, p. 22
5 Adelaide Cottages, New Windsor, Berkshire
Robert Copping, head, married, 25, police constable, b. Norfolk, Diss
Jane Copping, wife, 24, b. Kent, Worth
Elizabeth Copping, dau, 5mo, b. Berks, Windsor.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG14, piece 3863, schedule 110
Bill Street, Frindsbury, Kent
Robert Copping, head, 37, married, police constable, Kent County Council, b. Norfolk, Shelton
Eliza Jane Copping, wife, 35, m. 11y, 5 ch, all living, b. Kent, Worth
Sidney Horace Copping, brother, 24, single, butcher's porter, b. Norfolk, Diss
Elizabeth Jane Copping, dau, 10, b. Berkshire, Windsor
Robert John Copping, son, 8, b. Berkshire, Windsor
Florence May Copping, dau, 6, b. Berkshire, Windsor
George Copping, son, 4, b. Kent, Chatham
Ivy Copping, dau, 1, b. Kent, Chatham.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Copping Jane Eliza of 67 Clare Road Tankerton Whitstable Kent died 18 January 1965 Probate Lewes 12 April to Arthur Copping carpenter and joiner. £3074."
|Last Edited||13 Nov 2016|