|Father||Henry Sackett (1871-1913)|
|Mother||Annie Kelly (1870-1938)|
In 1911 Joseph was living at 40 Janeway Street, BermondseyG, in the household of his parents Henry and Annie, and was recorded in the census as Joseph Sackett, a schoolboy, aged nine and born in Bermondsey.8
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Joseph and Margaret were living at 5 Lewes House, Peckham Park Road, Camberwell, LondonG. Joseph was a dock porter, and Margaret a wood machinist. Their daughter Annie was living with them.9
Children of Joseph Sackett and Margaret Maud Langley
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Sep qtr 1901. Sackett, Jeremiah. Mother: Kelly. St Olave. 1d:216."
- 1939 Register.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Mar qtr 1957. Sackett, Joseph J, 55. Camberwell."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Dec qtr 1921. Sackett, Joseph. Spouse: Langley. St Olave. 1d:366."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Dec qtr 1921. Langley, Margaret M. Spouse: Sackett. St Olave. 1d:366."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Jun qtr 1901. Langley, Margaret Maud. Mother: Callow. St Olave. 1d:266."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006" (Findmypast transcript), "Jun 1995. Sackett, Margaret Maud, b. 27 Feb 1901. Southwark. 2511C:C6A:090:695."
- 1911 England census
40 Janeway Street, Bermondsey, London
Henry Sackett, head, 42, married, dock labourer, unloading cargo, b. Rotherhithe
Annie Sackett, wife, 40, m. 21y, 9 ch, all living, sack mender, contractors, b. Bermondsey
Henry Sackett, son, 20, single, occ: none, b. Rotherhithe
Timothy Sackett, son, 17, sawyer, timber merchants, b. Rotherhithe
Annie Sackett, dau, 15, tin worker, tin maker, b. Rotherhithe
George Sackett, son, 11, school, b. Bermondsey
Joseph Sackett, son, 9, school, b. Bermondsey
John Sackett, son, 7, school, b. Bermondsey
Tom Sackett, son, 5, school, b. Bermondsey, twin
Mary Sackett, dau, 5, school, b. Bermondsey, twin
Annie Legon, boarder, single, tin plate worker, b. Bermondsey
Mary Legon, boarder, single, tin plate worker, b. Bermondsey.
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), Sackett household, 5 Lewes House, Peckham Park Road, Camberwell, London: RG101/0092J/002/16, Joseph Sackett, b. 18 May 1901, married, deal porter at dock, heavy worker; RG101/0092J/002/17, Margaret (M) Sackett, b. 28 Feb 1901, married, wood machinist, heavy worker; Annie M Sackett (later Thompson), b. 13 Apr 1922, single, factory hand stacker.
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||27 Sep 2018|