George Fegen Sackett
|Father||George Robert Sackett (1854-1916)|
|Mother||Caroline Edith Pillow (1852 or 1853-)|
In 1901 George was living at 7 Effingham Street, Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of his parents George and Caroline, and was recorded in the census as George F Sackett, aged seven and born in Ramsgate.12
In 1911 he was living at 30 Camden Square, RamsgateG, in the household of his parents George and Caroline, and was recorded as George Fegen Sackett, a grocer, aged 17 and born in Ramsgate.13
George served in the British Army during the First World War as a Private in the Army Service Corps. He was awarded the Victory Medal and the British Medal in recognition of active service overseas. Her served in France from 11 August 1915 and was awarded the 1915 Star. Following his discharge on 31 July 1917, he was granted a Silver War Badge, to be worn with civilian clothes to indicate that he had been honourably discharged due to wounds or sickness.14,15
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, George and Laura were living at 7 Mill Cottages, Ramsgate, KentG. George was a motor driver and cleaner.16
Children of George Fegen Sackett and Laura Louisa Revell
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1893. Sackett, George Figgins. Mother: Pillow. Thanet. 2a:877."
- 1939 Register.
- Baptisms Register, St Mary, Ramsgate, Kent, "20 October 1893 George Figgins s. George Robert & Caroline Edith Sackett, 5 Leopold Street, general porter."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Sep qtr 1978. Sackett, George Fegen, b. 9 Sep 1893. Thanet. 16:1709."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Mar qtr 1915. Sackett, George F. Spouse: Revell. Thanet. 2a:1770."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Mar qtr 1915. Revell, Laura L. Spouse: Sackett. Thanet. 2a:1770."
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1892. Revell, Laura Louisa. Mother: Lay. Pancras. 1b:56."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1962. Sackett, Laura L, 69. Thanet. 5b:725."
- Marriages Register, St George, Ramsgate, Kent, "9 October 1965, George Fegen Sackett, 72, widower, chauffeur, of 12 Saith, Eastern Road, Ramsgate, s. of George Robert Sackett, deceased, to Daisy Amy Martin, 66, widow, of 14 Vale Square, Ramsgate, d. of Alfred James Darker, deceased. Banns. Witnesses: J Martin, K L? Davis."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Aug 1994. Sackett, Daisy Amy, b. 7 Feb 1899. Thanet. 5751B:B11D:069:894."
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 825/93&93v
7 Effingham Street
George Sackett, head, married, 47, licensed general porter, b. Ramsgate
Caroline E Sackett, wife, 57, b. Canterbury, Kent [?age]
Ada C Sackett, dau, single, 19, mothers help domestic, b. Ramsgate
Emily J Sackett, dau, 17, dressmakers improver, worker, b. Ramsgate
Florence B Sackett, dau, 14, b. Ramsgate
William F Sackett, son, 10, b. Ramsgate
George F Sackett, son, 7, b. Ramsgate
Albert E Sackett, son, 4, b. Ramsgate
Herbert W Pillow, bro-in-law, single, 59, paperhanger, worker, b. Canterbury
Marian Strickland, boarder, single, 28, manageress fancy bazaar, b. Clapham, London.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 30 Camden Square, Ramsgate, Kent
George Robert Sackett, head, 58, married, licensed porter, own account, b. Ramsgate
Caroline Edith Sackett, wife, 48, m. 30y, 6 ch, all living, b. Canterbury, Kent
Ada Sackett, dau, 29, single, b. Ramsgate
Emily Sackett, dau, 27, single, dressmaker, own account, b. Ramsgate
William Sackett, son, 20, single, fishmonger, worker, b. Ramsgate
George Fegen Sackett, son, 17, grocer, worker, b. Ramsgate
Albert Edward Sackett, son, 16, outfitter, b. Ramsgate.
- "Britain, Campaign, Gallantry & Long Service Medals & Awards", database, Findmypast.
- "British Army Medal Index Cards, 1914-1920", digital image, The National Archives, "Sackett, George Fegen, Private, Army Service Corps, service no. M2/114690, Victory Medal, British Medal, 1915 Star, Silver War Badge, Theatre of War France entry 11 Aug 1915, discharged 31 Jul 1917. WO372/17."
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, 7 Mill Cottages, Ramsgate M B, Kent: RG101/1766H/019/28, George F Sackett, b. 9 Sep 1893, married, odd motor driving & cleaning; RG101/1766H/019/29, Laura L Sackett, b. 1 Nov 1892, married, unpaid domestic duties; & 4 closed records.
|Last Edited||25 June 2020|