Albert George Sackett
|Father||Robert George Sackett (1876-1918)|
|Mother||Emma Matilda Brown (1875-1951)|
In 1901 Albert was living at 28 Church Street, St John, Margate, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Albert Sackett, aged 4 and born in Margate, the son of Robert Sackett.7
In 1911 he was living at 26 Grange Road, MargateG, in the household of his parents Robert and Emma, and was recorded as Albert George Sackett, a greengrocer's errand boy, aged 14 and born in Margate.8
Albert served in the British Army during the First World War in the East Kent Regiment. He was awarded the British and Victory medals, having seen active service overseas.9,10
In 1921 he was living at 9 St Vincent Place, RamsgateG, in the household of his widowed mother Emma, and was recorded as Albert G Sackett, a carman, aged 24.11
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Dec qtr 1896. Sackett, Albert George. Mother: Brown. Thanet. 2a:946."
- Baptisms Register, St John in Thanet, Kent, "29 September 1897 Albert George s. Robert George & Emma Matilda Sackett, b. 15 September 1896, 28 Church St, St Barnabas, gen. lab."
- 1901 England census.
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006" (Findmypast transcript), "Jun qtr 1971. Sackett, Albert George, b. 15 Sep 1896. Bridge. 5F:200."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Mar qtr 1903. Hart, Helen May. Mother: Scamp. Canterbury. 2a:934."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006" (Findmypast transcript), "Jun qtr 1975. Sackett, Helen May, b. 29 Dec 1902. Thanet. 16:2046."
- 1901 England census
28 Church Street, St John, Margate
Robert SACKETT, head, M, 27, bricklayer's general labourer, worker, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Emma SACKETT, wife, M, 26, charwoman, b. Margate
Albert SACKETT, son, 4, b. Margate
Herbert SACKETT, son, 1, b. Margate
- 1911 England census
26 Grange Road, Margate, Kent
Robert George Sackett, head, 37, married, general labourer, worker, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Emma Matilda Sackett, wife, 36, m. 15y, 8 ch, 6 living, needlewoman, at home, b. Margate
Albert George Sackett, son, 14, greengrocer's errand boy, worker, b. Margate
Herbert Leonard Sackett, son, 11, school, b. Margate
Elsie Florence Sackett, dau, 8, school, b. Margate
Lily Winifred Sackett, dau, 6, school, b. Margate
Leslie John Sackett, son, 3, b. Margate
Kathleen Ivy Sackett, dau, 1, b. Ramsgate.
- "Britain, Campaign, Gallantry & Long Service Medals & Awards" (Findmypast transcript).
- "British Army Medal Index Cards, 1914-1920", digital image, The National Archives, "Sackett, A G, Private, East Kent Regiment, service no. 200764, Victory Medal, British Medal. WO372/17."
- 1921 England census
9 St Vincent Place, Ramsgate, Kent
Emma Sackett, head, 46y 5m, widow, b. Margate, Kent, dress maker, own account, at home
Albert G Sackett, son, 24y 9m, single, b. Margate, carman, Haskings Contractor, Queen Street, Ramsgate
Herbert L Sackett, son, 21y 3m, single, b. Margate, carman, Haskings Contractor, Queen Street, Ramsgate
Elsie F Sackett, daughter, 19y 2m, single, b. Margate, domestic servant, Mrs Bassant private service, 30 Margate Rd, Ramsgate
Lily W Sackett, daughter, 16y 5m, single, b. Margate, household duties, at home
Leslie J Sackett, son, 14y 2m, father dead, b. Margate, errand boy, Perry Greengrocer, 77 King St, Ramsgate
Kathleen J Sackett, daughter, 11y 3m, father dead, b. Ramsgate
Doris E Sackett, daughter, 9y, father dead, b. Margate
Frederick H Sackett, son, 6y 2m, father dead, b. Ramsgate.
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||19 Nov 2022|