Sidney George Sackett
|Father||Alfred George Sackett (1868-1909)|
|Mother||Annie Marion Budge (c 1867-)|
In 1891 Sidney was living at 14 Meeting Street, RamsgateG, in the household of his parents Alfred and Annie, and was recorded in the census as Sidney G Sackett, aged nine months and born in Ramsgate.8
In 1901 Sidney was living at 329 Kennington Road, Lambeth, LondonG, in the household of his parents Alfred and Marion, and was recorded in the census as Sydney Sackett, aged ten and born in Ramsgate.9
Sidney attended St John the Divine School, Warham Street, Camberwell, SurreyG, from 29 March 1904, having previously attended St Paul's School, Hammersmith. The family were then living at 40 Cowley Street. He left on 4 July 1904, at age 14, to start work.10
Sidney served in the British Army during the First World War as a Sergeant in the London Regiment. He was granted a Silver War Badge, to be worn with civilian clothes to indicate that he had been honourably discharged due to wounds or sickness.11,12
Administration of Sidney's estate was granted on 8 August 1959 to his brother Alfred. His estate was valued at £4,950.13
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1890. Sackett, Sidney George. Mother: Budge. Thanet. 2a:918."
- School record.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1958. Sackett, Sydney G, 70. Kensington."
- Probate record.
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Jun qtr 1928. Sackett, Sydney G. Spouse: Staples. Kensington. 1a:481."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Jun qtr 1928. Staples, Amy F. Spouse: Sackett. Kensington. 1a:481."
- 1891 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG12, piece 730, folio 40, p. 29, GSU roll 6095840
14 Meeting Street, Ramsgate, Kent
Alfred G Sackett, head, married, 23, plumber, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Annie M Sackett, wife, 23, b. Glamorganshire, Cardiff
Alfred F Sackett, son, 2, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Sidney G Sackett, son, 9 mo, b. Kent, Ramsgate.
- 1901 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 412/89
329 Kennington Road, Lambeth, London
Alfred Sackett, head, married, 32, paper hanger, own account, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Marion Sackett, wife, 32, dressmaker, own account, b. Cardiff, S. Wales
Alfred Sackett, son, 12, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Sydney Sackett, son, 10, b. Ramsgate
Ida Sackett, dau, 8, b. Ramsgate
Hilda Sackett, niece, 10, b. Ramsgate.
- "National School Admission Registers & Log-Books 1870–1914", digital image, Findmypast, St John the Divine School, Warham Street, Camberwell (Boys), Camberwell, Surrey, "No. 173, adm 29 Mar 1904, Sackett, Sidney Geo, b. 1 Jul 1890, father Alfd, of 40 Cowley Road, from S Paul's, Hammersmith, std VI, left 4 Jul 1904, work."
- "Britain, Campaign, Gallantry & Long Service Medals & Awards", database, Findmypast.
- "British Army Medal Index Cards, 1914-1920", digital image, The National Archives, "Sackett, Sydney G, Sergeant, London Regiment, service nos. 5150, 252198, Victory Medal, British Medal, medals returned, Silver War Badge. WO372/17."
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Sydney George of 85 Warwick Road Kensington London died 16 October 1958 Administration London 8 July 1959 to Alfred Francis Sackett commercial clerk. Effects £4950 12s. 5d."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||26 Jun 2020|