Arthur Gordon Sackett
|Father||Rev Walter Sackett (1865-1924)|
|Mother||Emma Leyland Sandford (c 1864-1937)|
In 1911 Arthur was living at 1 Feversham Crescent, YorkG, in the household of his parents Walter and Emma, and was recorded in the census as Arthur Gordon Sackett, a schoolboy, aged eight and born in York.5
Arthur was enumerated twice in the 1921 census, as Arthur Gordon Sackett, aged 19, in the household of his parents Walter and Emma at 40 Lansdowne Road, Tottenham, LondonG, and as a full-time student, boarding at 5 Tabor Grove, Wimbledon, Surrey.6,7
Arthur was an assistant advertising manager in 1937.
Arthur was granted administration on 25 February 1938 of his mother Emma's estate, valued at £2,515.8
Arthur left a will which was proved on 5 March 1964 by an Edna Handley. His estate was valued at £1,838.9
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Jun qtr 1902. Sackett, Arthur Gordon. Mother: Sandford. York. 9d:34."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Mar qtr 1964. Sackett, Arthur G, 61. Nottingham. 3c:325."
- Probate record.
- "UK, Burial and Cremation Index" (Ancestry transcript), "17 Feb 1964 (cremation), Arthur Gordon Sackett, d. 12 Feb 1964."
- 1911 England census
1 Feversham Crescent, York, Yorkshire
Walter Sackett, head, 46, married, Wesleyan Methodist Minister, b. Barham, Kent
Emma Leyland Sackett, wife, 47, m. 19y, 3 ch, 2 living, b. Liverpool
Herbert Leyland Sackett, son, 17, student, b. Little Sutton, Chester
Arthur Gordon Sackett, son, 8, school, b. York
Alice Mauger Howard, servant, 71, widow, servant (domestic), b. Liverpool.
- 1921 England census
40 Lansdowne Road, Tottenham, London
Walter Sackett, head, 56y 3m, married, b. Barham, Kent, Wesleyan Minister, Wesleyan Church, High Rd, Tottenham
Emma Leyland Sackett, wife, 57y 5m, married, b. Liverpool, Lancashire, home duties
Arthur Gordon Sackett, son, 19y 2m, single, b. York, Yorkshire.
- 1921 England census
5 Tabor Grove, Wimbledon, Surrey
Arthur Gordon Sackett, boarder, 19y 2m, single, b. York, Yorkshire, in full-time education
[In household of Rosetta Curnick, printers reader].
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995" (Ancestry image), "Sackett Emma Leyland of Northfield 16 Grosvenor-avenue West Kirby Cheshire widow died 13 December 1937 Administration (with Will) Liverpool 25 February 1938 to Arthur Gordon Sackett assistant advertising manager. Effects £2515 11s."
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995" (Ancestry image), "Sackett Arthur Gordon of 581 Western Boulevard Nottingham died 12 February 1964 at Basford Hospital Hucknall Road Nottingham Probate Nottingham 5 March to Edna Handley (wife of Richard Handley). £1838."
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Descendants of Jeremiah Sackett|
|Last Edited||12 Nov 2022|