Royal Leonard "Roy" Sackett1
|Father||David Alexander Sackett (1822-1889)|
|Mother||Mary Shaw (1838-1904)|
In 1880 Royal was living at Howell Prairie, Marion County, OregonG, in the household of his parents David and Mary, and was recorded in the census as Royal Sackett, aged three and born in Oregon.6
Following the death of his father David, Roy was placed under the guardianship of his older sister Sarah and Sarah's husband Henry Crow. Roy and Sarah's mother Mary was then an inmate at the insane asylum and unable to take responsibility for her children.7
In 1920 Royal was living at Nichols, Douglas County, OregonG, in the household of his parents-in-law, Robert and Martha Summers, and was recorded in the census as Roy Sackett, a house carpenter, aged 42 and born in Oregon. Living with were his wife Pearl, 30, and their children, Francis, 9, and Clyde, aged five.8
Children of Royal Leonard "Roy" Sackett and Pearl L Summers
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, not recorded.
- Broderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 2, Ed. 3, Social Security Death Index: U.S., "Sackett, Roy; birth date: Jun 5, 1877; death date: Nov 1969; Social Security #: 543-03-7698; last residence: OR 97532; State of issue: OR."
- "Social Security Death Index" (Ancestry transcript), "Roy Sackett, b. 5 Jun 1877, d. Nov 1969, last res. Merlin, Josephine, Oregon, SSN issued Oregon bef. 1951."
- "Oregon, Death Index, 1898–2008" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Royal Leo, Josephine, 17 Nov 1969, cert 16536, age 77, spouse Pearl." [Age 77 is puzzling. He was 92 if other records are correct. Possibly a misunderstanding between age and year born, i.e. '77.]
- Date of marriage based on birth of first child.
- 1880 United States Federal Census
Roll: 1082; Page: 148D; Enumeration District: 087
Howell Prairie, Marion County, Oregon, 8 Jun 1880
Sackett, David A, head, 56, farmer, b. IN, father b. VT, mother b. VT
Sackett, Mary, wife, 41, keeping house, b. MO, father b. NC, mother b. NC
Sackett, Aaron, son, 21, farm laborer, b. OR, father b. IN, mother b. MO
Sackett, Elizabeth, dau, 19, at home, b. OR, father b. IN, mother b. MO
Sackett, Thomas, son, 16, at home, b. OR, father b. IN, mother b. MO
Sackett, Alfred, son, 14, at home, b. OR, father b. IN, mother b. MO
Sackett, Eddie, son, 12, at home, b. OR, father b. IN, mother b. MO
Sackett, Jane, dau, 9, at home, b. OR, father b. IN, mother b. MO
Sackett, Franklin, son, at home, 5, b. OR, father b. IN, mother b. MO
Sackett, Royal, son, 3, at home, b. OR, father b. IN, mother b. MO
Sackett, Clarissa, dau, 2/12, b. Apr. at home, b. OR, father b. IN, mother b. MO.
- Thurmon King's database, citing Janet Carlson 2010-03-07, Abstraction from Guardianship Papers, Douglas County, Oregon Courts, "Sackett, David, Minor Heirs of. Box 13 Volume 27 File 8. Guardianship Papers: Date: 10 Sept 1890; Place: Douglas County, Oregon; Henry A. Crow of Douglas County, Oregon was appointed guardian of Jane Sackett, aged 18; Roy Sackett, aged 13; Clara Sackett, aged 10, minor heirs of David Sackett who died 18 March 1889. Notes: Henry A. Crow's wife is a sister to the children. The children's mother, Mary Sackett was in the insane asylum."
- 1920 United States Federal Census
T625_1494, p. 2A, Enumeration District 137, Image 42
Nichols, Douglas, Oregon
Summers, Robert, head, home owned free of mortgage, 61, married, b. MO, father b. MO, mother b. MO, laborer, wood chopper
Summers, Martha, wife, 60, b. MO, father b. MO, mother b. MO
Sackett, Roy, son-in-law, 42, b. OR, father b. MO, mother b. MO, house carpenter
Sackett, Pearl, daughter, 30, b. MO, father b. MO, mother b. MO
Sackett, Francis, grandson, 9, b. OR, father b. OR, mother b. MO
Sackett, Clyde, grandson, 5, b. OR, father b. OR, mother b. MO.
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||30 Jun 2011|