|Father||Deacon Salmon Sackett (1764-1846)|
|Mother||Mercy Matilda Curtis (1767-1831)|
Leander Sackett, son of Deacon Salmon Sackett and Mercy Matilda Curtis, was born in Warren, ConnecticutG, on 20 April 1794.1,2,3,4 He died aged 75 at home in Raisinville, Monroe County, MichiganG, on 2 September 18695,6 and was buried at King Cemetery, Monroe, MichiganG.7 He married in Portage County, OhioG, on 3 January 1821, Rebecca Conant, daughter of Thatcher Conant and Elizabeth Manley.8,5
Child of Leander Sackett and Rebecca Conant
- Samuel M Sackett+ b. 21 Oct 1825, d. 17 Jan 1896
Notes & Citations
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "[Sackett], Leander, s. [Salmon & Marsey Matilda], b. Apr. 20, 1794. Warren Vital Records, 1:109."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
- Charles Cook Bronson, History of Tallmadge and the Western Reserve 1804–1886, has 29 Apr 1795.
- Howard Carter, Genealogy of Descendants of Thomas Carter ... of MA and CT, Norfolk, CT (1909), digital image, Ancestry.com.
- Charles Cook Bronson, History of Tallmadge and the Western Reserve 1804–1886.
- Monroe Commercial, (Monroe County, Michigan), Monroe County Museum, Michigan.
- Find a Grave.
- "Ohio, County Marriage Records, 1774–1993" (Ancestry transcript), "3 Jan 1821, Portage County, Ohio, Leander Sackett & Rebecca Conant."
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||28 Sep 2022|