Hon Leverett Sackett
|Father||David Sackett (c 1776-1829)|
|Mother||Anna Parke (c 1787-)|
Leverett was named as the main beneficiary in his father's will made in Blandford, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, on 8 January 1829. Subject to his mother's one-third lifetime interest, he was to inherit all the real estate, of about 130 acres, together with the buildings, and all personal estate.
In 1850 Leverett was living at Blandford, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, and was recorded in the census as Leaverett Sackett, a farmer, aged 45 and born in Massachusetts. Living with him were his wife Mary, aged 44, their children, Nancy, 14, and Harris [Horace], aged six, and Leverett's mother Anna, 67.7
1271. Hon. Leverett Sackett, 1805–1887, son of (569) David and Anne Park Sacket, was married to Mary Culver, 1805-1854. He resided at different periods in the towns of Blandford, Chester and Suffield, in Mass. While a resident of Blandford, he represented that town in the Massachusetts Legislature. In 1887 he removed with his family to California, but died before the end of the year.
3209. Nancy Taylor Sackett, b. in 1836, d. in 1855.
3210. Horace David Sackett, b. in 1843; m. Ella M. Lyman.
Children of Hon Leverett Sackett and Mary A Culver
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "1271. Leverett Sackett, b. Apr. 21. 1805, d. in 1887; m. Mary Culver."
- "Massachusetts, Town and Vital records, 1620–1988" (Ancestry image), Blandford, marriage, "24 Feb 1833, Leverett Sacket & Mary Culver, both of Blandford."
- "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1620–1850", digital image, American Ancestors, Chester marriages, "Sacket, Leverett of Blandford, and Mary Culver of Blandford, 20 Mar 1833."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- "Massachusetts, Town and Vital records, 1620–1988" (Ancestry image), "29 Jul 1854, Mary A Sackett, b. 29 Aug 1805, wife of Leverett Sackett." [Blandford Cemetery records, block 2, row 3]
- "Massachusetts, Town and Vital records, 1620–1988" (Ancestry image), Blandford, marriage, "20 Jun 1860, Leverett Sackett, of Chester, & Mary E Brockett, of Blandford."
- 1850 United States census
Blandford, Hampden County, MA
Leaverett Sackett, 45, farmer, b. MA
Mary Sackett, 44, b. MA
Nancy Sackett, 14, b. MA
Harris C Sackett, 6, b. MA
Anna Sackett, 67, b. MA.
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||30 Mar 2022|