|Father||Noble Sacket (1772-1828)|
|Mother||Olive Watkins (1779-1829)|
In 1850 Abner was living in Chicopee, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, and was recorded in the census as Abner Sackett, a blacksmith, aged 30, and born in Massachusetts. Living with him were his wife Electa, aged 28, and born in Massachusetts, and their children, Noble, 10, Henry, 8, Mary, 6, and George, aged four.8
In 1860 he was living at Buckland, Franklin County, MassachusettsG, and was recorded as Abner Sackett, a blacksmith, aged 39. Living with him were his wife Electa, 38, and their children, Noble, 19, Mary, 15, George, 13, and James, aged seven.9
Abner registered for the Civil War draft in June 1863. He was a blacksmith of Buckland, MassachusettsG, aged 44 and born in Massachusetts.10
In 1880 he was living in Buckland, Franklin County, MassachusettsG, and was recorded as Abner Sackett, a blacksmith, head of household, a widower, aged 60 and born in Massachusetts. Living with him was his daughter-in-law Mary who was aged 26 and born in Ireland.11
1162. Abner Sacket, 18__–18__, of Shelburne Falls, Mass., son of (514) Noble and Olive Watkins Sacket, was married, Nov. 22, 1840, to Electa Dewey, daughter of Alonzo Dewey.
[The 1898 Dewey Genealogy (pg. 933) gives a different parent for Electa, viz; #8236, Caleb Dewey, 1779–1825; m. Lucretia Phelps: parents of #8557, Electa, b. c1815, m. Abner Sackett]
2887. Henry Augustine Sackett, b. Sept. 30, 1842.
2888. Mary Lydia Sackett, b. Dec. 7, 1844; m. Ezra T. Smith.
2889. George Ingalls Sackett, b. Feb. 16, 1847.
2890. Angeline Sackett, m. Justin Miller. [On p. 492 it is stated that Angeline is placed here by mistake.]
2891. James Madison Sackett, b. June 14, 1853.
Children of Abner Sacket and Electa Dewey
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "1162. Abner Sacket, 2d, b. in 1812, m. Electa Dewey."
- Although the Sacketts of America gives a birth date of 1812, the census records suggest he was born in about 1820.
- "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910", digital image, American Ancestors, v382, p335, Death, "1887 Aug 21, Abner Sackett, male, widower, 68, diarrhea & exhaustion from abuse of alcohol, at Buckland, Shelburne Falls, burial China Cem, mechanic, b. Westfield, [parents blank]."
- Find a Grave.
- "Westfield, Massachusetts, Marriage Records (Dougherty abstracts)" (American Ancestors transcript), "Abner Sacket of W. and Electa Dewey of W; m. [date blank]."
- Birth data based on death record.
- Vital Records, Buckland, Franklin County, Massachusetts, Sackett, Electa (Devey), Buckland, 1866, v192, p233, Death
"Dec 5 1866, Electa (Devey) Sackett, f, married, 44-11-10, inflammation bowels, d. Buckland, [occ. blank], b. Westfield, [parents] not known."
- 1850 United States Federal Census
Chicopee, Hampden County, MA
Abner Sackett, 30, blacksmith, b. MA
Electa Sackett, 28, b. MA
Noble D Sackett, 10, b. MA
Henry A Sackett, 8, b. MA
Mary L Sackett, 6, b. MA
George J[I?] Sackett, 4, b. MA.
- 1860 United States Federal Census
Roll: M653_501; Page: 686; Family History Library Film: 803501
Buckland, Franklin County, Massachusetts, 6 Jul 1860
Sackett, Abner, 39, blacksmith, personal estate $250, b. MA
Sackett, Electa, 38, b. MA
Sackett, Noble, 19, laborer, b. MA
Sackett, Mary, 15, b. MA
Sackett, George, 13, b. MA
Sackett, James, 7, b. MA.
- "US Civil War draft registrations records 1863–1865" (Ancestry image), "Sackett, Abner, of Buckland, 44, blacksmith, b. Massachusetts, enumerated June 1863, 9th district, Massachusetts, white, class II."
- 1880 United States Federal Census
FHL 1254533, NA T9-0533/40D
Buckland, Franklin, Massachusetts
Abner Sackett, head, widower, 60, b. MA, blacksmith, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Mary Sackett, dau-in-law, married, 26, b. Ireland, keeping house, father b. Ireland, mother b. Ireland.
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||28 Sep 2022|